2012/02/14

My Popular Hits 2010-2011

It has been a few years since I started this blog and so much has really changed since then. My home, my family, my friends, the church, my life, my health…. so much is so different and, in many ways, new. This blog was started to help connect to family due to their encouragement and suggestions. But it has opened so much more opportunity for me. This blog still helps me keep in touch with family and I do feel less alone, but I have also made some friends from different countries and enjoy those small friendships. I have learned about other cultures and I have found deeper relationships with some family members than I have ever had before. This has been a wonderful blessing to me…

Last week, I got an email from my blogger account that congratulated me on reaching over 50,000 views. It is a stunning thought. I do not feel like I even really know one hundred people… and yet so many thousands have crossed the path of some of my thoughts. It is a feeling that is both overwhelming and a feeling of pure awe. So while I am sure I have a small group of followers and I am sure that most of the time… I can be quite boring, rambling, etc…. I thought I would take a few minutes to list the top ten posts that I have written that have been viewed over the last few years. I hope you enjoy! :)


1. Peter the Great: The Modernizer of Modern Russia (7794 views- first published 4/15/2011)








2. Ivan the Terrible: The First Czar of Russia (6025 views -first published 3/30/2011)








3. Debunking Some of the Myths of Medieval Daily Life (4121 views - first published 3/8/2011)









4. Some Snapshots of Life on Gondwana (3141 views - first published 8/18/2010)




5. Thoughts on the Document 'Declaration of the Rights of Man and Citizen' (1757 views - first published 9/19/2011)






6. The 'Worst Shark Attack Ever' - An Example of Human Failure and an Easy Scapegoat (1431 views - first published 6/24/2010)





http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
The Life and Art of Carl Heinrich Bloch (1090 views - first published 3/13/2011)






8. The Rise of Moscow after the Mongol Conquest (937 views - first published 2/21/2011)



9. Random Thoughts on Oral History, Interviews, and Technique (827 views - first published 2/23/2011



10. The Subjugation of Kievan Rus : The Tartar-Mongol Conquest and its Influences / Ramifications (827 views - first published 2/23/2011)






Is there a post that is your favorite? A post that maybe you really enjoyed but didn't see on the 'most viewed' list? Anything you are willing to share...? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment