2011/08/02

The Nun Files: Part 4


(I'm sorry it took me so long to post the end of the interview. I do hope that you enjoy it very much! This was one of the best and most illuminating things I have ever done and I would love to have the opportunity to do it again. This sister was just wonderful and I would like to attend one of her retreats)


SMK: -men and the women retreats separate just because of the- so, but I, I found moneys in the social action program to pay for them to go. But you can't do that all the time.

SG: Well, yeah.

SMK: So they talked about the sister, the people that did the first retreat came from Tewksbury Massachusetts. Started in Texas, went to Connecticut, Tewksbury, and then they brought it up to us. And then, once we started doing it, we're on our own now doing it.

SG: OK.

SMK: And we done like over one hundred women like I said so this is ten dollars a book but I'm I'm going to buy it for you I'm going to give it to you.

SG: That's very-

SMK: You don't have to pay-

SG: - kind of you.

SMK: -for it. And I'll autograph it for you in a minute. (laughter)

SG: Thank you!

SMK: Because I think, you know, I think it will be helpful for you if you have children-

SG: Yeah.

SMK: -I think your little boy would- In fact you might want me to write his name in it instead.

SG: Yeah, actually I would like that.

SMK: Yep, OK.

SG: And thank you so much for your time.

SMK: Have I answered all the questions? That's all I know.

SG: I think that you have -no, you know more! I just didn't ask it. (mutual laughter)

SMK: You're probably can, you can only deal with what you've got. So anyway, so this is what I have been busy with this stuff. And we've made up to $5000. I expected only to make, you know, the first books (we sell them ten dollars each) I had a hundred books -that's all I expected to sell. I've gotten five more, five hundred more.

SG: Wow! Hold on just one moment.

(side two recording was ended here)

No comments:

Post a Comment